Gall stones that is. Who knew such little things could cause such awful pain. I'll spare ya'll the gory details but on Thursday afternoon I had some terrible pain. Worse than being in labor pain (I had V w/o any pain meds so I know of which I speak). I remember muttering something about it feeling like my insides were being torn apart. As I lay on the floor writhing in pain while my hands, feet and even my face went numb I remember wondering if that's what dying felt like. I really wished I would've just passed out. Once the paramedics arrived and gave me oxygen I relaxed a little and the feeling returned.
Long story short my gall bladder is full of gall stones and I need to have it removed- soon. The added bonus of gall bladder problems is that is also causes flu like symptoms so I've felt pretty miserable. I see a surgeon on Tues. so hopefully I can get this taken care of quickly.
Despite all that I feel very blessed. L came home early on Thurs. because I was sick and was here when I had my episode. He was able to call the paramedics and send the kids to the neighbors. My mother-in-law is here visiting and was able to extend her trip to help out. They were able to diagnose me in the ER so I don't have to wait around wondering what's wrong with me. It could have been so much worse.
Never a dull moment, that's for sure!
Saturday, September 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
When I was pregnant, I had gall stones which led to pancreatitis and delivery of Spencer three weeks early. Now I have no gall bladder. Trust me, you'll feel so much better once that baby's out! But I can relate so well to the agony! The baby's soooo cute and best wishes to your girls who are beginning school!
Sounds pretty intense. Are you going to keep the stones when you get them out? You should send me pics. haha. Oh and I really do feel bad for you.
-CJ
I just found your blog off of MaLaan's. I had an episode like yours after I had Micah. By the time the ambulance got there I wasn't so numb anymore. I had had the "flu" and they didn't end up taking me to the hospital because they said I was JUST hyperventilating. My mom had horrible gall bladder problems before they took hers out. She's been much happier without it. I hope I never have anything like that happen again!!!! Good luck with your surgery. Your girls are soooo cute. If you want to see our blog email me at mistypankratz@yahoo.com and I'll send you an invitation. Sorry for the long comment here.... See you in a couple weeks when we get back to TX.
POOR THING!!! I'm sooo glad your pain is gone for now. I've always heard that passing a gall stone is 100x worse than labor...hard to believe, that is for sure!! Rest and relax! I MISS YOU and your sweet girls. I love the picture of the 3 of them....TOO CUTE!
P.S. Jon just got released from the hospital. Ya...he got the stomach flu which lead to gastroenteritis...and chest pain. LIFE!
Ahhhh! How scary! I hope you're feeling better soon. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help. We'd love to have your girls over.
Emily
oh honey! Please let us know what we can do! Provide chocolate...babysit kids, you name it! This is the first time I've checked out the blog- way fun!
Thanks for the well wishes and concern! I go in tomorrow morning (Thurs) for surgery. Hopefully I'll be back to normal soon.
Nicole
Post a Comment