We had another incident with V over the weekend. We were at a ward activity and apparently V bit another little girl, her friend, M. I was really upset that she got violent with another child. Not to mention that M's mom took V last Monday when I wasn't feeling good so the kids could play together. Plus she got S from school and brought us dinner. How do I repay her? My daughter bites her daughter. Not good. We made V apologize and she had to sit with L for a little while. V did cry so I think something got through (at least she wasn't laughing). There were no witnesses to the event and there wasn't an actual mark on M but something happened and I'm not happy about it.
This is a line that hasn't been crossed before with my kids. S would defend herself if provoked and would hit back but she never bit, especially in public. I'm not really sure what to do about it. V was fine in nursery on Sunday but I don't know how to stop her from acting so violent. She was acting up again last night at home and when I got upset she just laughed at me. She's going to drive me over the edge, I can tell already.
Monday, September 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It's the 2nd child thing--maybe? You know what I have been through. . .but things get better, I promise!
Is V wanting attention? New school? Does she seem jealous of the baby? Maybe a time out. When Preston acts out, I know it's for attention and he gets 1 warning-- then off to time out. Now, if he throws a fit or whines I ignore him and that seems to help(most of the time). I know every child is different and it's so frustrating when you can't figure out what the problem is. Good Luck!! You are a good mom.
Hey Nicole!!! Ugh...I am sooooOOOOOoooo sorry you are feeling this way. It's hard enough being a Mom on a normal day much less when you can't figure out what to do. I have had times with my daughters when I have felt helpless and that we were raising a sociopath. I can tell you that these issues usually DO go away over time. A wise woman in our ward told me that kids go through "6 month" stages where for 6 months they are great and wonderful and then the next 6 months they have major issues. You just gotta ride it out. As for biting, which we dealt with briefly, the less attention given to it the better AND I would make her bite soap (just one quick bite was enough) every time she bit her sister. It works!!! :D
Good luck!
Oh man! This is tough! Hope it works itself out...man, and my oldest is almost 3!!
Post a Comment