L is a big sports fan and as he was watching Sports Center this morning our 6 year old had the following conversation with him:
S: Why do you like football dad?
Dad: Because it's fun.
S: Strawberry Shortcake is fun.
Dad: (thinking) That's true.
S: Girls like girl things and boys like boy things. Football is for boys.
She walks away.
Poor L, no one to share his passion for football with just yet. Maybe V or C will be interested when they get older. However, S likes to cheer for the Cowboys. Why is that? It's not just to annoy L (although it does sometimes). It's not because we live in Texas (we're still die hard Seattle sports fans). That's right- she loves them for their uniforms. She likes the stars on their helmets, she thinks they're pretty. Oh boy.
Sunday, September 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
haha. Thats so funny. Good for her. And I can just see V cheering for the cowboys just to annoy. I think that is the real reason!!
CJ
I meant I could just see S cheering for the cowboys. Looks like you got a girly girl on your hands!
Your poor husband! :) Craig is glad we got a boy so he has his football buddy. :)
Hey, at least you don't have a boy that is totally NOT interested in sports. My boy can't even play soccer and is occasionally caught playing princesses with his sisters.
Post a Comment