So last night as I was nursing Cutie Pie I was feeling sorry for myself because I'm here alone (L is on a business trip) and that I'm sick with a nasty cold and that V has an ear infection and Cutie Pie is all congested from allergies, etc. I saw this show on TLC called 'Surviving Sextuplets and Twins'. This poor woman has 5 year old twin girls and 16 month old sextuplets- 3 girls and 3 boys. It was unreal, I can't even imagine having 8 kids that little.
She was talking about how they go through 30 diapers and a box of wipes a day. She has a strict schedule she adheres to in order just to get through each day. She works every Saturday as a nurse to help out with the bills. They rarely spend time together because of the overwhelming amount of work involved in taking care of their family. Both her and her husband just looked exhausted. All I could think was: wow, I have it pretty good. Things didn't seem so bad after all.
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
haha. Just think of them everytime you feel discouraged! That would be soo expensive not to mention tiring.
wow! I find that whenever I am feeling depressed there is always someone that has it a lot worse. But unfortunately it is still hard to suddenly be happy and totally fine! :)
Did you see the part where she showed the flab left over from having six babies in her tummy? That is what really made me feel better, at least for a few minutes until I went and slammed a few more cookies.
Yes! That was totally amazing. That corset thing she wore looked really hot too. Don't they live somewhere in PA?
Post a Comment