Friday, November 2, 2007

Rain (on vacation)

We got caught in a couple big rainstorms while on vacation. The first was when we were at MGM Studios having a snack. L took Cutie Pie with him while he went in searching for some ice for our water bottle. Even though it was cloudy and raining it was still 80 degrees. The girls and I were eating at an uncovered table (our first mistake).

The rain started slowly, a few drops here and there. Then it got a little heavier and while it was annoying it wasn't too bad. Soon S began to cry that she was getting cold (she gets cold faster than anyone I've met). I was sitting there wondering exactly how I would transport all our food, the stroller and our backpack full of supplies. L was no where in sight. Before I knew it we were in a downpour and just when I didn't know what I was going to do some nice people at a table with an umbrella told us to run under it with them.

S and V grabbed their pizza and ran, I got the stroller and backpack. We ran back to rescue the drinks (can't leave the chocolate milk). L and Cutie Pie returned in a momentary break in the rain (luckily they were inside). My salad was too waterlogged to be rescued but we had secured shelter and rode the storm out there. We soon dried out.


You may wonder what shoes have to do with rain...let me tell you. On Tuesday night we stayed at Magic Kingdom for the Halloween party (lots of fun!) and as we were leaving another massive downpour hit. People stopped and clogged all the exits and we were getting squished as everyone tried to squeeze under any covered area. We foolishly decided to make a run for it to get to the bus and got soaked in the process. Of course the bus to our hotel was the farthest away. S's shoes were soaked and didn't dry out overnight so she had no shoes to wear.

We had seen the Mickey crocs and thought they were cute but we decided they were too expensive. I don't even want to admit how much we spent on them and the little princesses to go in the shoes. But S needed shoes so she got a pair. Then of course V needed a pair as well so there you go. They are cute shoes and the girls have worn them constantly since getting back so at least we're getting our moneys worth!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha..don't you just love the rain? At least the crocs are a nice, useful, pink souvenir. Oh and i love the new pics on the slideshow!!!

J & M Shumate Family said...

I soooo want to go to Disneyworld! I love the girls shoes too. I'm glad Sopia's shoes didn't dry overnight so that you could justify buying them. They really are dang cute!