Saturday, January 23, 2010

Loose tooth

Popcorn lost her first tooth! Here she is modeling the new hole in her mouth...

She was very excited when she first discovered it was loose (a mere week ago) but that excitement quickly waned when it began to hurt; then she became rather upset. The tooth got looser at what I consider to be a fast pace (Sweetie's took months to finally fall out) and fell out yesterday.

I suppose to say it fell out would be an exaggeration...I pulled it out. Before they left for school I was inspecting her tooth and noticed that it was not only wiggling forward and back but also side to side. I told her it was ready to come out but she wouldn't touch it. This was getting silly, when you can breathe and the tooth moves it must come out! I reached in and gave it a gentle tug and out it came. She cried at first but then got very excited again when she realized the tooth fairy would pay her a visit.

She put it under her pillow last night (but argued about it, she thought it was strange) and woke up to find $1. Popcorn quickly put it in her wallet and said she was going to save it and buy something exciting when she saved more money! She's growing up so fast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAYY!! That is so exciting. I am glad it came out so quick, thanks to you for speeding up the process.