Poor Cutie Pie had a rough night. The minute we pulled into the parking lot she threw up all over herself, the car seat, and the car. I've never seen a baby throw up so much. I think she was car sick (I still had her turned backwards because she wasn't quite at 22lbs. which is the new weight for turning them forward- that has now been remedied!). I had to strip off her clothes and I ran into Gap Kids and I found a onsie on the clearance rack and threw it on her. The sales lady was nice and said that kind of thing happens more than you might realize. All I can say is that we're lucky that Uncle G came with us and was able to run into the bookstore with the girls while I took care of the nasty mess.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Meeting Junie B. Jones
Sweetie loves the Junie B. Jones book series by Barbara Park. Her teacher started reading these books to them in Kindergarten and Sweetie has been hooked ever since. They're very cute and fun to read out loud. Anyway, Junie B. came to the local bookstore and we of course had to go. Junie B. did a little 'skit' where she talked to the kids; she was fabulous and it was very entertaining. She also 'signed' books (it was really just a large stamp) so we waited for that. Here is Sweetie walking away with her signed book.

Poor Cutie Pie had a rough night. The minute we pulled into the parking lot she threw up all over herself, the car seat, and the car. I've never seen a baby throw up so much. I think she was car sick (I still had her turned backwards because she wasn't quite at 22lbs. which is the new weight for turning them forward- that has now been remedied!). I had to strip off her clothes and I ran into Gap Kids and I found a onsie on the clearance rack and threw it on her. The sales lady was nice and said that kind of thing happens more than you might realize. All I can say is that we're lucky that Uncle G came with us and was able to run into the bookstore with the girls while I took care of the nasty mess.
Here are the girls in front of the bus. (Click to enlarge the picture). Popcorn wasn't as excited to attend the event but she had fun posing for pictures!
Poor Cutie Pie had a rough night. The minute we pulled into the parking lot she threw up all over herself, the car seat, and the car. I've never seen a baby throw up so much. I think she was car sick (I still had her turned backwards because she wasn't quite at 22lbs. which is the new weight for turning them forward- that has now been remedied!). I had to strip off her clothes and I ran into Gap Kids and I found a onsie on the clearance rack and threw it on her. The sales lady was nice and said that kind of thing happens more than you might realize. All I can say is that we're lucky that Uncle G came with us and was able to run into the bookstore with the girls while I took care of the nasty mess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Rachel loved Junie B. Jones, too. It's too bad you don't live here because I think we have every book. They are hilarious books. Been there with the vomit--it's the worst!
How neat to be able to see Junie B. Jones! I'm sure it was a high point for Sweetie -- too bad about Cutie Pie -- I CAN imagine it -- ugh!
Wow! Lucky girl! When I taught kindergarten the kids LOVED hearing those books!
haha I am actually glad I didn't make it for that trip! With my luck the incident probably would have been ON me. haha. Our car turned into the "Stinky smelly bus!"
Post a Comment