I was reading this post from last March (and had a good little laugh) when I realized that I haven't done an update in awhile. So here we go:
Sweetie is doing well in school and still loves to read. She has completed her Junie B. Jones book collection and has read them all at least twice. She got some Ramona books for Christmas and has really enjoyed them so far. I'm so excited that she has branched out! She's also joining a book club at school so maybe she'll find some other books she likes.
Sweetie is still a great big sister and good helper. She does get a little upset with Cutie Pie when she messes up her toys (the pink cash register is her favorite) or book display, but CP is just at that age. I did notice over the Christmas break that Sweetie seemed to get annoyed with me (and sometimes Ladd). If I miss what she said or don't understand exactly what she's trying to explain she gets upset, muttering 'never mind' as she stomps away. I thought I had a couple more years until I became such a bother! Oh well.
Popcorn is forever the silly, goofy one of the group. She loves to tell knock knock jokes. Here's her version:
P: Knock, knock
me: Who's there?
P: table (or any other random item)
me: Table who?
P: Aren't you glad I didn't say table? (or other random item)
me: But you did say table!
P: No, I said ice cream (or another random thing)
She gets some good laughs from her jokes, mostly because we're laughing at how funny she thinks she is. Popcorn takes the laughing as encouragement because she keeps on going and going. She also gets on these laughing jags where she laughs so much she can't stop. It's really funny to watch her as she gets all wound up.
Popcorn also doesn't seem to care about following rules. On Saturday we went to a Primary breakfast and she was running all over and being a disruption. No matter how many times anyone asked her to sit down and be quiet she didn't care. I thought she was only bad for me but she doesn't listen to other people as well.
Last night she wouldn't clean up her toys from the dinner table. I asked her several times and told her that is she didn't pick them up then the toys became mine for a few days. She looked at me and said: 'A few days means 3, right?' Then she let me gather up her toys and keep them.
Cutie Pie is still super cute and talking more all the time. She has a little temper and will gibber jabber quite forcefully and point her finger like she's really telling you off. It's pretty funny. She also has joined the knock, knock joke craze. Her version:
CP: Knock, knock (which sounds more like naw, naw)
me: Who's there?
CP: incoherent word or two
me: repeating incoherent word, who?
CP: more gibber jabber
me: laugh
Then Cutie Pie laughs and starts all over again. I'll try to get a video of her telling a joke to post later. She's at that 'busy' age where she runs around making a mess everywhere she goes. She yanks down the curtain by the front door then runs over the the kitchen to open cupboards where she promptly removes whatever is in the cupboard. I could follow her around all day just cleaning up and putting away all that she gets out. Good times.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Funny. My girl says never mind and stomps away when she is not understood AND she also is not phased when I take away toys. I just cannot figure out what the motivating is for her to do something. Let me know if you get anywhere with Popcorn.
And the baby hasn't gotten out of the messing in everything stage. And she's three in three weeks. Good luck!
Thanks for the update! It was fun reading the old one and the new one. Love the toy story. Very classic Popcorn
Isn't crazy how they all have the same parents but each come out with their own way of doing things! You have a great mixture!
Post a Comment