Sweetie has a white board in her room that she uses to write notes, reminders, etc. She will also ask questions (like when are we going to the library again?) or write the page number of where she left off in a book she's reading. One night she asked me to give her a hug and kiss because she was having a hard time going to sleep. I usually look at her board before I go to bed.
Well, last week was class picture day and we had a little disagreement about what she was going to wear. I mistakenly told her she could pick out an outfit (when in fact I meant she could pick something out and then I would approve it). She selected an old blue top from last year and some navy capri pants. I told her she couldn't wear the top because it was too small (it barely covers her tummy) not to mention it's cut on the sleeve (perhaps a cutting accident at school?). She got upset and started to argue with me. I showed her all the possible choices (tops that actually fit and weren't damaged) but she was bent on that particular top because she liked that shade of blue.
We went back and forth until I'd had enough. I told her the 2 choices were: 1) Wear that blue top and I wouldn't pay for pictures or 2) Wear something from the approved choices and I would get a picture. I left it at that and went to do some laundry so she would have all current tops available to choose from.
I went back into her room to say goodnight and to apologize for our little spat. All she said was: 'Read the board' as she pointed in that direction. Here's her note...
Dear Mom, I am not going to talk to you until you let me wear the blue t-shirt to picture day. ('Love' was crossed out and instead she put) From, S.W.
I thought it was funny more than anything else and when I sent Ladd up to take a look he came down laughing and laughing. He especially thought the crossed out 'love' was the best part.
The next morning she decided to wear a different blue top to school so I bought a class picture. Such drama!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
That is the best!! Way to go S she has some sass too. I cannot wait until they are all teenagers and you are sick of them all and can send them to hang out with their cool aunt and uncle.
I hope you took a picture of the board... You can laugh about it later on.... More than you are already lauging now... lol
Don't worry, I did take a picture for future entertainment value! I was going to post it but she signed her name and since I'm paranoid about that I decided to leave the pic off.
Great story!
I can't wait for all the girl drama. It's already starting and Eliana is only one! Lucky you that you get to do it three times! :)
Good luck when she becomes a teenager!! This girl is smart!!
That was hilarious -- not so funny at the time, but Sweetie Got Guts, I must say! Oh those misunderstandings -- makes you want to watch your pronouncements with her!
So funny!!!! Kids are the best... thanks for giving us such a great glimpse into her personality. I'm still chuckling....
Love the note. Look who has a whiteboard in their room now! haha they are great.
Oh the things kids do. That is priceless and she will laugh when you remind her about it.
Post a Comment