I finally took the kids to the dentist today! I'm pretty good about keeping up with all doctor appointments but I'm not so great about the dentist. I always dread it. So I put it off as long as possible, and today was the big day. Here they are showing their 'sparkly clean teeth' as Popcorn put it:

Now for the results: Sweetie didn't have any cavities (which is amazing to me) and she got sealants on her molars. She does have to go back for an orthodontist consult (shocker I know). Popcorn had one tiny cavity, the dentist said it was a little deeper than the sealant could handle. She didn't have to use any laughing gas or numb the tooth at all so it wasn't too bad. The dentist told her she was putting a white star on her tooth and then Popcorn wanted to show Sweetie her white star tooth. She opened wide and Sweetie loudly proclaimed that she couldn't see a star. I explained that it blended into her tooth and the dentist overheard the little exchange and laughed. The things we tell kids to get them to cooperate!
It was funny, the dentist asked if Popcorn liked candy and so I admitted that Ladd used to work for a candy company and that Popcorn LOVES starburst. Yes, I know starburst are terrible and stick to your teeth. Most dentists cringe at the word candy but she then said that her husband used to work for Nestle and they had chocolate all over the house. That was a first! Funny.
It was a long afternoon (luckily Cutie Pie didn't have to come along) but we're good until June!
3 comments:
i like the holiday look to your blog, but then i like anything with pink :)
Great news about the tooth checkup -- I hope Sweetie will have a great braces experience when the time comes!
I like that...a white star. Very funny that sweetie said she couldn't see it!
Post a Comment