Thursday, September 11, 2008

Accident prone?

I try not to label my kids but Popcorn has a knack for finding accidents. Even from a very young age (like 6 months old) she has gotten herself into trouble. She fell down our long staircase when we lived in CA and she was just learning to crawl. She fell and got a concussion at the age of 18 months when we lived in PA. That was a scary trip to the ER. Sometimes I wonder if the head trauma has done permanent damage.

Here's a few things that happened over the summer:
1) She fell several times on the driveway and skinned her knees and heels of her hands. My mom thought it was her shoes but in reality it was just her.
2) She fell flat on her stomach while trying to play 'duck, duck, goose' while we were at the Mariner's game.
3) While at Seabrook a bike fell over onto her and knocked her into a puddle soaking her pants (this might have just been bad luck).
4) While running on the grass she tripped when her foot went into a small hole.
5) She was playing and fell into the pool. Not to worry- I was actually in the pool when it happened and she kind of landed on her noodle anyway. I still don't know how she managed that one.

In general she runs into walls, trips, and looses her balance all the time. Her pre-school teacher in Waco said that she couldn't walk down the hallway in a straight line. L likes to say that she just isn't graceful. Just the other night she missed getting onto the toilet and landed in the garbage can near by! That was just funny.

I'm sure I'm missing something- feel free to add to the list in the comments!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post is very funny but poor Pop. At least she is one tough cookie. If anybody has to be accident prone I guess it is good that it is her! My favorite is definitely landing on the trash can instead of the toilet...haha i can just see that.

Leah said...

I have never understood the kids running into walls. Hallie did that constantly and it would always get me laughing. She has quite the list there. At least there aren't a bunch with broken bones and stitches.

Kerri said...

Courtney is my accident prone kid--that's why she has a dead front tooth. I love the toilet/garbage can story. Keep that in mind for her high school boyfriends. I love the new look of your blog!

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

I know I should feel bad and I will, as soon as I stop laughing! That girl cracks me up!!

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

Im still laughing about the toilet thing!