Monday, February 25, 2008

Speckles

In lieu of a class pet Sweetie’s class has Speckles, the class webkinz frog. (If you don't know what webkinz are click here.) Each weekend a child gets to bring Speckles home and take care of him. We had lots of fun with Speckles (when we weren’t fighting over him). It caused lots of trouble between Sweetie and Popcorn.

Speckles came with us to the museum for story time and some fun. On the way home Popcorn wouldn’t get in her car seat and Sweetie told her that if she would get buckled up she could hold Speckles on the way home. Popcorn willingly complied but Sweetie wouldn’t let her hold Speckles. Sweetie said she just told Popcorn that so she would sit in her seat. Popcorn did of course get to hold Speckles while Sweetie pouted. That’s pretty much how all weekend went.

Speckles also played outside on the swing set and blew bubbles while we enjoyed some very beautiful weather. Later we read stories and played on the Wii. Part of taking care of him requires writing in a journal of what you did together. Sweetie wrote a few things down and showed it to me. I asked about the museum and playing outside. She burst into tears and cried that Speckles was supposed to stay inside. Oops. I remember wondering how he had managed to stay rather clean being drug around, now I know why. All in all we had fun and I must say- that's my kind of pet!

3 comments:

Emily said...

What a great idea! Sweetie has a very smart teacher. I remember when I was in 5th grade and we had a class hamster, Peanut-butter. When Peanut-butter visited my house he bit me and then peed on my hand while I was holding him. I still hate hamsters. I'd take a cute stuffed frog over one any day!

Anonymous said...

Well looks like you had a fun weekend with speckles, other than the fighting. That is soo funny how sweetie tried to bribe popcorn into getting into the seat and then wouldn't let her hold speckles...classic! haha. That is too funny about speckles not going outside! oh well. He probably enjoyed the fresh air. Yeah that is the only way to have a pet. No mess and you can leave in home whenever you want to!

jw said...

I must say, that Sweetie is getting pretty darn tricky!! All in all though -- that's my kind of pet as well!